What is eDeposit? eDeposit is a free, secure, online service allowing you to deposit checks into eligible Meritrust accounts from a remote location. Now, both personal and business accounts are eligible to use eDeposit.
A check can be deposited into your Meritrust account by either using your iOS or Android smartphone camera or with a scanner. The image and associated deposit information are delivered securely to Meritrust electronically through our Online Banking. This convenient, 24/7 service helps save time by eliminating the wait you might encounter at an ATM or branch.
How does eDeposit work? Simple! For the iOS or Android smartphone app, login to Online Banking and follow the prompts under "Deposits" to snap a photo of the front and back of your endorsed check. For the scanner version, simply link your scanner device with the eDeposit site.
Who can use eDeposit? Anyone who is over the age of 18 and is a member in good standing can use eDeposit to deposit into eligible Meritrust accounts. Business members are also eligible to use eDeposit.
How do I use eDeposit? It's easy!
For the mobile eDeposit from your phone:
- Download to your iPhone or Android smartphone the Meritrust Mobile Banking app from either iTunes or the Google Play store. Once the app has been downloaded, log in using your Meritrust Mobile Banking login and password. Tap on the black button located on the bottom of the screen. Tap on the "Deposit" feature.
- Snap a picture of the front and the back of your check.
- Verify the amount of your deposit and select the account into which you would like to make the deposit.
- Submit your deposit to Meritrust for approval.
For the scanner version on your PC or Mac:
- Go to meritrustcu.org and log in to Online Banking.
- Select the "eDeposit" tab on the top dashboard.
- Accept the eDeposit Terms and Conditions.
- Follow the prompts to scan, upload and deposit your check.
The prompts to eDeposit a check include the following five steps:
- Select account and enter check amount.
- Scan the front of check.
- Scan the back of the check.
- Confirm deposit.
- Print receipt and securely store the check.
Does it cost to use eDeposit? No. The eDeposit service is FREE to Meritrust members making deposits to their eligible personal or business checking account(s).
Is the eDeposit feature available for my business checking account? Yes! This feature is now available for business accounts.
Is my financial information safe with eDeposit? YES! The eDeposit service is offered through Online Banking, which requires you to provide a unique user name and password each time you log in. To prevent unauthorized access to your account, be sure to log out of Online Banking once your online account activities have been completed.
What types of checks can be deposited with eDeposit? Meritrust accepts any check drawn on a U.S. financial institution in U.S. dollars. This includes personal checks, money orders, cashier's checks and payroll checks.
What types of checks cannot be deposited with eDeposit?
The following items are not eligible for eDeposit:
- Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than you
- Post-dated checks
- Checks or items containing an obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front, or checks or items which you know, suspect, or should know or suspect to be fraudulent
- Checks written from any account of which you are a primary or joint owner at Meritrust
- Checks or items not payable in United States currency
- Items drawn on financial institutions located outside the United States
- Items previously converted to a substitute check
- Consumer loans, credit card, and mortgage payments
- IRA and Share Certificate deposits
- Travelers checks
- Starter or counter checks
- Amex Gift Cheques
- Savings bonds
How long does the system retain my eDeposit history? eDeposit keeps a history of your deposits and scanned check images for up to 90 days. It is available for viewing and/or download through Online Banking under the "eDeposit" tab.
How long should I retain my original check? For your protection, retain the original check for at least 90 days AFTER receiving confirmation that it has posted to your account. When you are ready to discard it, mark it "VOID" and dispose of it in a way that prevents it from being presented for payment again. If an issue should arise and the original check is no longer available, please contact the issuer of the check to obtain a new copy that can be re-submitted for deposit.
What is the difference between "Depositor" and "Submitted by"? The difference between "Depositor" and "Submitted by" only applies to eDeposit accounts that have an authorized user listed. For these transactions, the primary account holder's name is displayed as the "Depositor," and the authorized user is displayed as "Submitted by."
I have questions. Who can I contact? Our Contact Center Representatives are available to answer your questions and can be reached at 316.683.1199 or toll-free at 800.342.9278.