Sign your way to the Bahamas
Enter to win a trip to the Bahamas just by using
your Meritrust debit card.
Island life is relaxing and stress free.
We’re giving you a chance to visit paradise
with a free vacation to Paradise Island, Bahamas.
How to enter
- 1Swipe, dip or insert your Meritrust debit card to pay at your favorite retailer.
- 2Choose the credit option and sign your name to complete your transaction.
- If the retailer asks or the terminal prompts you to choose debit or credit, choose credit.
- If the “Enter Your Pin” box immediately pops up, just ask the cashier how to choose credit instead.
- 3That’s it! You’re automatically entered to win a trip to the Bahamas. Now through Friday, April 3, every transaction counts as an entry and increases your chance to win.
Please note: When completing a credit transaction with your Meritrust debit card, you will be asked to sign instead of entering your PIN.
Pack your bags. The winner of a trip to the Bahamas will be selected at random and contacted on Wednesday, April 8.
The trip to the Bahamas will include:
- Lodging – Six days, five nights at Riu Palace Paradise Island – All Inclusive
- Airfare – Two economy class tickets + one checked bag & hotel transportation
Not yet a Meritrust member?
Open a Roam or Green checking account to earn 100 bonus entries toward sun, surf and sand.
Good luck! A trip to the Bahamas is waiting for you.
Sign your way to the Bahamas today.
Sign Your Way to The Bahamas Sweepstakes Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sign Your Way to the Bahamas Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older as of 1/6/2020. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Meritrust Federal Credit Union (Meritrust) affiliates, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: Begins at 12:00:00AM Central Time (“CT”) on 1/6/2020, and ends at 11:59:59PM CT on 4/3/2020 (“Promotional Period”).
- TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter: 1) Automatic Entry: An eligible Meritrust Visa Debit cardholder will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Meritrust Visa Debit Card signature based purchase made during the Promotional Period at a participating merchant location in the U.S. Only eligible Meritrust Visa Debit Card purchases or payments made with a Meritrust Visa Debit card that is not in default under the account agreement for that account and issued by Meritrust Federal Credit Union are eligible for automatic entry. Meritrust Visa Debit Cards issued in connection to a commercial account are not eligible to participate or win. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), and payment of late fees or over-limit fees are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Meritrust Visa Debit cards or debit card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM CT on 4/3/2020, in order to be eligible. 2) Each Meritrust checking account opened between 1/6/2020 and 4/3/2020 by a Meritrust member who has not had an active or opened checking account with Meritrust for 90 days prior to account opened will receive 100 entries. Limit to one new checking account and 100-entries bonus per person. 3) To enter without purchase or obligation by U.S. Mail: Hand-print “Sign Your Way to the Bahamas”, your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, and mail, in a #10 envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: Meritrust Federal Credit Union PO BOX 789757, Wichita, KS 67278. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 4/3/2020, and received by 11:59:59PM CT on 4/7/2020 in order to be eligible. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the drawing and must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of Meritrust and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Meritrust's sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 4/8/2020 from among all eligible automatic and mail-in entries received and combined. The random drawing will be conducted by Meritrust. Meritrust's decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Prize winner will be notified by overnight or U.S. Mail and/or telephone on or about 4/8/2020 and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases, and return these documents, properly executed within 5 days of notification. Completed documents can be retuned via secure email, fax, or mail. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Meritrust's inability to contact potential winner within 1 week or winner selection; or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Meritrust's discretion, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
- ODDS: The actual odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE: One (1) 6 days and 5 night trip to Paradise Island, Bahamas, accommodating 2 people (winner and a guest) booked through Sunflower Travel. Trip can be taken on winner’s choice of date but before 4/8/2021. Black-out dates may apply. Trip includes two (2) round-trip economy class air transportation tickets including 1 checked bag per person, hotel accommodations at the All-Inclusive 24-hour Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island located at 6307 Casino Drive, Paradise Island, Bahamas. Approximate Retail Value "ARV": $3123.68. Contest winner and guest must be 18 years of age or older on or before the trip departure date. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Meritrust, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. Any and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes, additional transportation and meals, luggage fees, gratuities, and souvenirs. If winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner as set forth herein. Such parent or legal guardian may also be required to accompany minor winner on trip. Prize details are at Meritrust’s sole discretion.
Actual value of trip depends upon the city of departure, time of travel, any airfare fluctuations and or current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. Bahamas trip must be taken by 4/8/2021 or winner forfeits prize. Meritrust reserves the right to change dates for trip. Guest of winner must be 18 years of age on or before the date of departure for trip. Trip is subject to air/hotel availability and other conditions and restrictions. If the winner lives within 100 miles of the destination city, the air transportation portion of trip will not be awarded and ground transportation will be substituted and no additional compensation or substitution will be provided. Airline/flight times to be selected by Meritrust at its sole discretion; one or more stopovers may be required. Once trip has been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted except by Meritrust, in its sole discretion. Meritrust will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or similar items once they are in winner’s possession or in the possession of a guest. Meritrust shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining travel documents as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance), that they may wish to obtain for the trip (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that Meritrust have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for the trip. Winner and his/her guest must arrive at the designated U.S. gateway airport in time for the flight. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by the selected airline thereon. Winner and guest must comply with all air travel and hotel rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion(s) of prize. If any portion of prize or any other event or activity is unable to take place as planned for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, lockout, labor dispute, strike, inclement weather, or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Meritrust's obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation or substitution will be provided.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of Meritrust, which are final and binding. By accepting the prize, winners consent to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Meritrust, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Meritrust from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Meritrust have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
- GENERAL: Meritrust will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winners. Meritrust will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Meritrust's products and promotions. Meritrust is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, and transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries , the announcement of the prize, the cancellation or postponement of the game, the trip, or any trip related event (if applicable), winner’s inability to participate in the trip (if applicable), or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Meritrust reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of potential winner, including, without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s permission for Meritrust to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, potential winner shall authorize such check. Meritrust reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify potential winner based on the results of the background check or failure to properly authorize such check. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Meritrust reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including, if in Meritrust's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Meritrust may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Meritrust reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Meritrust's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Meritrust reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Meritrust reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Meritrust in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Kansas.
- ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNER’S NAMES: For the names of the winners, available after 4/9/2020, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by 5/31/2020, to: Meritrust Federal Credit Union, PO Box 789757, Wichita, KS 67278.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Administrator: Meritrust Federal Credit Union, PO Box 789757, Wichita, KS 67278.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SIGN YOUR WAY TO THE BAHAMAS SWEEPSTAKES. No Entrants have yet won. Open only to legal 50 U.S. & D.C. residents who are 18 or older as of 1/6/2020. Void in P.R. and where prohibited. Begins at 12:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on 1/6/2020, and ends at 11:59:59PM CT on 4/3/2020 ("Promotion Period"). TO ENTER: 1) Automatic Entry: An eligible Meritrust Visa Debit cardholder will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible signature purchase made during the Promotion Period at a participating merchant locations in the U.S. 2) Each Meritrust checking account opened by an eligible new Meritrust Federal Credit Union member from 1/6/2020 to 4/3/2020 will receive 100 entries. Each Meritrust checking account opened by a Meritrust member who has not had an active or opened checking account with Meritrust for 90 days prior to account opened will receive 100 entries. Limit to one new checking account and 100-entries bonus per person. 3) To Enter by Mail Without Purchase or Obligation: Hand-print Sign Your Way to the Bahamas, your name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on plain 8.5" x 11" paper, and mail it in a #10 envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: PO Box 789757, Wichita, KS 67278. Mailed entries must be postmarked between 1/6/2020 and 4/3/2020, and received by 4/7/2020. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mailed entry will count as one (1) entry into the random drawing and must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Mechanical reproductions prohibited. All entries are the sole property of Meritrust Federal Credit Union. PRIZE: One (1) 6 day, 5 night trip booked through Sunflower Travel, to Paradise Island, Bahamas, taken on winner’s choice of date before 4/8/2021. Black-out dates may apply. Trip includes two (2) round-trip economy class air transportation tickets including 1 checked bag per person, hotel accommodations at the All-Inclusive 24-hour Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island located at 6307 Casino Drive, Paradise Island, Bahamas. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): about $3123.68, however the exact ARV will be based on the trip date chosen by the winner. Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.