Stay connected to your money
Learn more about the ways Meritrust helps you be financially confident during times of uncertainty and take care of your banking while the branches are closed.
All Meritrust branch lobbies are temporarily closed until further notice
For the well-being of our members and employees and concerns around the spreading of COVID-19(Coronavirus), Meritrust Credit Union will be temporarily closing all of its branches beginning Wednesday, March 18 until further notice.
You can still conduct your banking with our drive-thru, eATMs, and ITMs, and with our online banking and mobile app. You can also contact us at 800.342.9278 for additional assistance. We are committed to serving your banking needs during this time. Below is information about how we will continue to serve your financial needs.
Transfer your funds
We offer many ways for you to transfer money between accounts and to friends and family who are also Meritrust members.
- Mobile app. Enroll in Meritrust online banking by calling 800.342.9278 to transfer money to other Meritrust accounts and your Meritrust loans. You can also use member-to-member transfers within online banking to transfer money to other Meritrust members.
- Mobile/online banking. Download the Meritrust mobile banking app to transfer money between your accounts, transfer payments to your Meritrust loans and credit cards, and transfer money to other Meritrust members through member-to-member.
- Member-to-member transfers. To easily pay back family and friends who also bank with Meritrust, you'll need the account number you'll be transferring to and the first three letters of the other member's last name.
Deposit your funds
Want to deposit money without going into a Meritrust branch? We've got you covered.
- eDeposit. You have the ability to deposit personal checks on the go with your iPhone or Android's mobile banking app or home computer’s scanner - all without having to visit a branch or ATM. It's free, convenient and secure. Just tap the app and snap a photo of the front and back of your endorsed check.
- eATMs/ITMs. With Meritrust’s eATMs and ITMs, you have the ability to complete your deposits without needing to exit your vehicle.
- eATMs allow you to deposit checks and cash 24/7, with immediate availability on your cash deposits.
- ITMs allow you to connect directly with a Meritrust employee without needing to step inside the branch. You can deposit checks and cash, all while working directly with a friendly, local teller.
Withdraw your funds
Meritrust is federally insured and your money is safe with Meritrust. When your money stays with us, you have the ability to earn money on your deposits. If you need to withdraw cash, we have options that allow you to do so without leaving your vehicle.
- eATMs. eATMs allow you to withdraw cash 24/7.
- ITMs. ITMs allow you to connect directly with a Meritrust employee without going inside the branch. You can cash checks and withdraw cash amounts down to the penny.
Make your payments
Making payments from on the go is made easy with Meritrust.
- Skip-A-Pay. This program gives you the opportunity to apply in online banking to defer your loan payment(s) for one month and is available now. Skip-A-Pay is available on most closed-end consumer loans and is subject to approval.
- Bill pay. Meritrust’s bill pay is available within the mobile app and online banking. You have the ability to create one-time and scheduled payments to get all your bills paid quickly and conveniently.
- Online and mobile banking. Transfer funds from your Meritrust deposit accounts to your Meritrust loan accounts to quickly complete payments on the go.
- ITMs. ITMs allow you to connect directly with a Meritrust employee and complete a payment to your Meritrust loan account without needing to step inside the branch.
- Online loan payments. Pay your Meritrust loans by check or with a non-Meritrust debit card for a small fee. This feature is available in both online banking and the mobile app.
- Debit/Credit card. Paying everyday bills with your debit or credit card is easy, convenient and more secure than mailing in cash. You can easily stick to your budget and keep track of your spending electronically with Meritrust's mobile app, online banking and monthly statements.
Protect your accounts
In times of uncertainty, there are individuals who will attempt to take advantage of the situation. By being alert and verifying information, you can keep your accounts and private information safe from potential scams. Here are some tips to keep scammers at bay.
- Never reveal personal financial information. Meritrust will never ask for personal information in an unsolicited phone call, text or email. Don't ever give your personal information (including PIN, over-the-phone password, SSN, DOB, etc.) to anyone calling you to ask you for it.
- Don't give out online banking login info. Don't ever give your online banking username/password or card/PIN to someone claiming to want to deposit funds to your account. They may frame it as a loan, grant or employment opportunity– but it’s a scam.
- Verify a charity's authenticity. Scammers may attempt to impersonate a charitable organization in a time of need. Do your homework and research when it comes to donating to charities or crowdfunding sites. Don’t let anyone rush you or pressure you into donating. Someone asking for donations by gift card or wiring money are red flags.
- Be wary of attachments and links in unsolicited emails. Take extra care when opening attachments in emails, as they may contain viruses or malware. Be extra careful if you’re receiving emails claiming to be sent by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization (WHO). Instead of opening unsolicited emails, visit their reputable websites directly for updates.
- Scammer tips. Take look at these guidelines from the Federal Trade Commission concerning scammers and the pending government aid.
Get a cashier's check
Access your safe deposit box
Call 800.342.9278 for:
- Questions regarding your accounts
- Debit or credit card replacements
- Loan applications
- Business deposit assistance
- Appointments for Wealth Management, Real Estate, Financial Education, and Business Services