How will $2021
As we settle into a new year of challenges, could an extra $2,021 help you take on opportunities that lie ahead in 2021? We're here for you.
To celebrate the hope of better days ahead for all, we’re giving three lucky members $2,021.
How to enter
- 1 Use your Meritrust VISA debit card for payments online or in-store.
- 2That’s it! You’re automatically entered to have your name chosen to receive $2,021. You’ll receive an entry for every purchase you make with your Meritrust debit card.
Three members will be chosen to receive $2,021 each. All debit card purchases count as entries. Winners will be chosen and contacted on the following dates:
- January 29
- February 26
- March 31
Not yet a Meritrust member?
Open a checking account by March 26, 2021, and as a thank you for joining the Meritrust family, you’ll receive 100 extra entries in addition to each entry you’ll receive for using your new debit card.
$2,021 Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The $2,021 Giveaway Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older as of 1/6/2021. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Meritrust Federal Credit Union ("Meritrust") affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: Begins at 12:00:00AM Central Time ("CT") on 1/6/2021, and ends at 11:59:59PM CT on 3/26/2021 ("Promotional Period").
4. TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter: 1.) Automatic Entry: An eligible Meritrust Visa Debit Card cardholder will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Meritrust Visa Debit Card purchase made during the Promotional Period at a participating merchant location in the U.S. Only eligible Meritrust Visa Debit Card purchases or payments made with a Meritrust Visa Debit Card that is not in default under the account agreement for that account and issued by Meritrust are eligible for automatic entry. Meritrust Visa Debit Cards issued for commercial accounts are not eligible for entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions and payment of late fees or over-limit fees are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Meritrust Visa Debit Cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM CT on 3/26/2021, in order to be eligible. 2.) Each Meritrust checking account opened by an eligible new Meritrust member from 1/6/2021 to 3/26/2021 will receive 100 entries. Each Meritrust checking account opened by a Meritrust member who has not had an active or opened checking account with Meritrust for 90 days prior to account opened will receive 100 entries. Limit to one new checking account and 100-entries bonus per person. 3.) To enter without purchase or obligation by U.S. Mail: Hand-print "$2,021 Giveaway Sweepstakes,"" your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, and mail, in a #10 envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: Meritrust PO BOX 2926, Wichita, KS 67201, Attention: Marketing. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 3/26/2021 and received by 3/30/2021 in order to be eligible. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the drawing and must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of Meritrust and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification at the Meritrust’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: One (1) Prize winner will be selected monthly in a random drawing on 1/29/2021, 2/26/2021, and 3/31/2021 from among all eligible automatic and mail-in entries received and combined during the promotional period. The random drawing will be conducted by Meritrust. Meritrust decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Prize winner will be notified by overnight or U.S. Mail and/or telephone and/or email on or about the following business day of each drawing and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases, and return these documents, properly executed, via secure email or fax within 48 hours of notification and via U.S. Mail within 5 days of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Meritrust ‘s inability to contact potential winner within a reasonable time period; or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Meritrust’s discretion, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
6. ODDS: The actual odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the promotional period.
7. PRIZE: Each month Meritrust will award one (1) $2,021 cash prize to one (1) monthly sweepstakes winner. The winner may choose the method of payment for the prize as a deposit into the membership account of the winner or a cashier’s check issued in-person directly to winner or mailed to the winner’s home address. Total Cash Value (TCV) of the prize is $2,021. Prize money cannot be awarded in any other method or deposited in any other account. Split payment methods will not be permitted except at the sole discretion of Meritrust. Any and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes. If winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner as set forth herein. Prize details are at Meritrust's sole discretion.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of Meritrust, which are final and binding. By accepting the prize, winners consent to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Meritrust, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold Meritrust harmless from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties.
9. GENERAL: Meritrust will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winners. Meritrust will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Meritrust’s products and promotions. Meritrust is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, and transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries , the announcement of the prize, the or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Meritrust reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of potential winner, including, without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s permission for Meritrust to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, potential winner shall authorize such check. Meritrust reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify potential winner based on the results of the background check or failure to properly authorize such check. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Meritrust reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including, if in the Meritrust’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Meritrust may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Meritrust reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Meritrust’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Meritrust reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Meritrust reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Meritrust in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Kansas.
11. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. WINNER'S NAMES: For the names of the winners, available 2/8/2021, 3/8/2021, and 4/7/2021, handprint "2021 Sweepstakes Winner" on a self-addressed and stamped envelope and mail to: Meritrust, PO Box 2926, Wichita, KS 67201, by 4/30/2021.
13. ADMINISTRATOR: Administrator: Meritrust Federal Credit Union, PO Box 2926, Wichita, KS 67201.