Between March 27 and July 3, we are giving $500 to 15 of our members.
How to enter
- 1Use your Meritrust VISA debit card and/or credit card for purchases, such as from the grocery store, pharmacy and online sites.
- 2You're automatically entered to have your name chosen to receive $500. You'll receive an entry for every purchase you make with your Meritrust debit and/or credit card.
Fifteen members will be chosen to receive $500. All purchases count as entries. Winners will be chosen and contacted on the Friday of each week between March 27 and July 3.
Not yet a Meritrust member?
- NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The $500 Weekly Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older as of 3/25/2020. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Meritrust Federal Credit Union (“Meritrust”) affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: Begins at 8:00:00AM Central Time (“CT”) on 3/25/2020, and ends at 11:59:59PM CT on 7/2/2020 (“Promotional Period”).
- TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter: 1) Automatic Entry: An eligible Meritrust Visa Debit or Credit Card ( “Meritrust Visa Card”) cardholder will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Meritrust Visa Card purchase made during the Promotional Period at a participating merchant location in the U.S. Only eligible Meritrust Visa Card purchases or payments made with a Meritrust Visa Card that is not in default under the account agreement for that account and issued by Meritrust are eligible for automatic entry. Meritrust Visa Cards issued for commercial accounts are not eligible for entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, and payment of late fees or over-limit fees are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Meritrust Visa Cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM CT on 7/2/2020, in order to be eligible. 2)To enter without purchase or obligation by U.S. Mail: Hand-print “$500 Weekly Giveaway Sweepstakes”, your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, and mail, in a #10 envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: Meritrust Marketing PO BOX 2926, Wichita, KS, 67201. Mail-in entries must be postmarked and received by7/2/2020 in order to be eligible. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the drawing and must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of Meritrust and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification at the Meritrust’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: One (1) Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing every Friday beginning Friday 3/27/2020 with the last winner drawn on Friday July 3, 2020 from among all eligible automatic and mail-in entries received and combined during the promotional period. The random drawing will be conducted by Meritrust. Meritrust decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Prize winner will be notified by overnight or U.S. Mail and/or telephone and/or email on or about every Monday following the weekly winner drawing beginning 3/30/2020 and ending on or about Monday 7/6/2020 and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases, and return these documents, properly executed, via secure email or fax, within 48 hours of notification and via U.S. Mail within 5 days of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Meritrust‘s inability to contact potential winner within a reasonable time period; or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Meritrust’s discretion, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
- ODDS: The actual odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the promotional period.
- PRIZE: Each week Meritrust will award one (1) weekly $500 prize to one (1) weekly sweepstakes winner. The weekly winner may choose the method of payment for the weekly prize as a deposit into their Meritrust Federal Credit Union membership account or a Meritrust Federal Credit Union cashier’s check mailed to the week’s winner’s home address. Total Cash Value (TCV) of the prize is $500. Prize money may not be awarded in any other method or deposited in any other account. Split payment methods will not be permitted except at the sole discretion of Meritrust. Any and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes. If winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner as set forth herein. Prize details are at Meritrust’s sole discretion.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of Meritrust, which are final and binding. By accepting the prize, winners consent to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Meritrust, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releases from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties.
- GENERAL: Meritrust will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winners. Meritrust will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Meritrust’s products and promotions. Meritrust is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, and transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries , the announcement of the prize, the or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Meritrust reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of potential winner, including, without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s permission for Meritrust to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, potential winner shall authorize such check. Meritrust reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify potential winner based on the results of the background check or failure to properly authorize such check. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Meritrust reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including, if in the Meritrust’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Meritrust may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Meritrust reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Meritrust’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Meritrust reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Meritrust reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Meritrust in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Kansas.
- ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNER’S NAMES: For the names of the winners, available each Wednesday of the promotional period beginning with Wednesday 4/1/2020 and ending Wednesday 5/6/2020, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by 5/15/2020 to: Meritrust Marketing, PO BOX 2926, Wichita, KS, 67201.
- ADMINISTRATOR: AAdministrator: Meritrust Federal Credit Union, PO BOX 2926, Wichita, KS, 67201.