Move faster with a preapproval you can count on.
Meet our Loan Officers
Got questions? Let us demystify the the home loan process for you. We have the answers.Meet the Team
Flexible Loan Options
We have home loan options to meet your wants and needs. We will tailor our products to fit your unique situation.Get Today's Rate
Visit our Home Loan Center
On your path to homeownership, Meritrust is with you every step of the way.Get Started
Be purchase ready
In today's market, you need to be Purchase Ready with a solid pre-approval for your offer to be considered by a seller. That's where we come in. We stand behind our pre-approval so you can be confident and have peace of mind that your financing won't fall through last-minute.
With the pre-approval process, our home loan experts will help determine how much money you can borrow to purchase a home. Our borrowers often tell us that not only did this process help answer all of their questions; it answered so many more questions they didn't realize they had.
The pre-approval process will help answer these questions:
- How much can I afford?
- What price range should I be considering?
- What will my payments be?
- What type of loan is best for me?
- What are the down payment and closing costs?
- What is the interest rate I qualify for?
- What are my next steps?
How long does this process take?
Depending on the circumstances, many times we can have your pre-approval letter within an hour. On occasion we may need additional documentation and, therefore, it could take a couple of days. For the quickest process, be sure to provide documentation during the application process.
The pre-approval process
- Submit your pre-approval application online.
- One of our home loan experts will review your application and, with your help, determine the best loan program for your specific situation.
- What happens once you're preapproved? That's your ticket to start shopping for your dream home.
- We'll guide you every step of the way.
Is refinancing right for you?
With the changing property values and our low interest rate environment, now may be a good time to consider refinancing your current home loan. Refinancing may help you lower your interest rate and payment, consolidate debt or put your home's equity to work.
What are common reasons borrowers refinance their homes?
- Lower payments
- Shorten term to pay off earlier
- Lower rate
- Cash-out equity