Here's how building the ol' gray matter can help build the green matter.
Have you accumulated an overwhelming amount of debt? Have you recently experienced a financial hardship? Do you struggle to develop a budget that works for you? Do you fear bankruptcy is your only alternative? Are you just starting out and want to make sure you are on a solid financial path?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we can help. As a member of Meritrust, you can schedule FREE financial counseling sessions with our certified financial counselors. Appointments are scheduled for a maximum of 90 minutes per session and are conveniently available at any Meritrust branch location. The sessions can help you build confidence in your finances by focusing on these topics.
- Improve or maintain your credit score
- Manage your current debt
- Set and achieve personal financial goals
- Develop customized household budgets
- Find the right financial products to fit your needs
- Improve your overall financial situation
Meritrust Financial Counseling Coaches
Chris Wolgamott, CCUFC
Director of Financial Counseling
Devlynn Bittner, CCUFC
Office Hours (most branches)
- Monday - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday - By Appointment
- Evenings - By Appointment
Meritrust has partnered with FoolProof to provide FREE online financial education resources. FoolProof is an online program with lots of information and handy resources about money and financial responsibility. Meritrust works with FoolProof to offer this program as a complimentary resource for our members and the communities we serve.
FoolProof uses multiple tools to help educate consumers about money, budgeting and more.
- Articles: Want to read about credit, holiday spending or how to protect your financial information? All FoolProof articles are packed with great financial information.
- Guides: Buying a new home or vehicle? You could benefit from one of FoolProof’s guides.
- Videos: FoolProof videos are fun and quirky, and make learning about money fun! You’ll learn important information about financial responsibility.
- Youth: FoolProof offers an entire webpage devoted to Millennials and younger readers. These articles and videos are geared towards middle school and high school students.